SocialStudent is the premier social and collaborative system for education. Based on IBM technology, it is a safe, secure, reliable and easy to use environment that allows faculty, staff, administrators, alumni and most importantly students to collaborate in order to provide an enriched learning experience and prepare them for a successful future.
A place where any content or system you need to access is only two clicks away
Jill Watson, TA at Georgia Institute of Technology is actually IBM’s Watson system. All of the students enjoyed her course as she helped them with their design projects
Watson was prompt with replies to all of the student email questions, offered suggestions, and provided the answers within minutes. The students were surprised to find that they had an AI as a teacher, and had high praise for the system.
University of Southern California students share their stories
Professor Peter Cardon and students Bree Mayer and Jamie winger discuss their experiences using IBM Connections with the SocialStudent platform for international research project and a virtual competition.
Learning happens faster when people work together using common tools, methods, and language. SocialStudent provides a common approach and work environment (local, virtual, and mobile) for all participants to meet and work through the entire “Learning Journey” from the initial connection to the course professor through:
- Adding and connecting the entire course “team” and “sub teams” with rich profiles
- Sharing and iterating a shared vision and work plan or course outline for the learning exercise
- “In stream” group brainstorming and vetting tools and met6hods
- Easy sharing of all work commitments and artefacts/tools
- Easy harvesting and sharing of best practices for continuous learning improvement
When fully implemented, SocialStudent provides an end-to-end ecosystem to more efficiently and effectively attract, retain, develop, and graduate a well-trained student body, one that can fully embrace the complex value patterns, methods, and tools of the modern workplace.
Our position is unique in the marketplace, in that we have incorporated the functions of many individual tool sets into an easy to use single secure platform.
WHAT CAN SOCIALSTUDENT DO FOR ME ?
What Is Socialstudent?
SocialStudent is a leading Social learning environment that encourages faculty members, school members and institutions to create their own dynamic social learning groups.
SocialStudent seamlessly integrates with your current systems and processes (for example your current e-mail system and Identity management system) and provides the means to facilitate inter Faculty, inter School and inter University collaboration. With it’s unique ‘guest model’, you can also create dynamic communities to connect with business leaders (and parents and past students!)
The SocialStudent dashboard is an interactive intranet that does everything traditional intranets do – and much more.
The SocialStudent Value Proposition
SocialStudent brings the best of the commercial marketplace to higher education institutions in the most agile way possible. Using cloud-based delivery, Social Student can be readily deployed in less than 60 days across an entire institution to provide the following benefits to students, faculty, and alumni:
- Single sign-on – provides secure access to everything.
- Personalized – with the content and services best fit to each individual based on role, experience, and preference.
- Portal interface – for flexible, tailored, experiences with each screen fit for purpose
- At-a-glance awareness – a “wall-like” stream of status updates informs each user “what has changed since you were last here”
- Continuously compelling experience – as each page is continuously improved over time with a combination of feedback and A/B testing embedded.
- Engaging – as each individual has “full suite” capability to build their own content and communities without constraint.
- Innovating – whether free-form brainstorming with ideation blogs, collaborative documents, wikis, or hardening and harvesting new ideas with template-based best practice patterns (activities or projects)
- Enhanced coursework – SocialStudent compliments current LMS systems thru single-sign-on and converged presentation experience, plus adds value to them by providing a full suite of social tools to enable the forming, storming, norming, and performing of learning teams around the course content.
- Easy traversing – Site-wide search finds relevant works from all subsumed services; whether social, task, content, or legacy I/T systems.
- Easy access – As SocialStudent is designed for global teams, it can readily support virtualization of the entire university model. Full support for mobility is also provided “out of the box”.
- Easy governance – Administrative dashboards surface all emerging trends as they are happening
- Easy remedy – Insights drawn from the dashboard can be readily addressed thru SocialStudent’s virtual teamwork methods; from simple task commitments through complex build and execution.